Note: The following steps to replace or change screen cables is usually unnecessary unless directed by a member of the Mosaic™ team.
Palette's™ screen cables are attached to both the electronics tray and the screen. Before removing the cables, please note that one cable has a black mark while the other does not. Take note of the placement of these cables.
To remove the cables from the electronics tray:
- Carefully remove the top and bottom lids of your Palette using the provided hex key.
- Once the lids are removed, you'll have access to gain access to the electronics tray. Loosen the following screw:
- This should allow for your electronics tray to slide out and provide access to the screen cables. Carefully unplug, noting which cable contains the black mark.
To remove the cables from the screen:
- Detach the screen by removing these 4 screws:
- Once the screws are removed the screen is still connected to Palette, so carefully hold the screen while you remove the screen cables from the back.
Now that you’ve removed the screen cables, simply replace with the replacement cables, keeping in mind the placement of the cables with the black mark. Once this is done, re-attach the screen, screws, and lids to Palette and run a print.
Important: When you replace the bottom lid of your Palette, please be sure to place the wires along the side of your Palette so that no pinches are created with the metal plate. Be especially mindful to not have the power supply cable pinched at the bottom. Please avoid this positioning: