This issue happens when your Scroll Wheel is not properly sending information to your Palette™/Palette+™, which will cause your Palette/Palette+ to stop producing filament. This usually occurs during Step 3 of calibration, where is Palette/Palette+ creating enough filament to pass through the Scroll Wheel and extruder. Since the Scroll Wheel measures how much filament is passing through and is supposed to send this information back to your Palette/Palette+, Palette/Palette+ will not progress to step four.
There are two options to check to solve this issue:
- Open the Chroma™ software.
- Flash your firmware is up to date. This can be found under Tools > Update Palette Firmware
- Try to proceed through the calibration steps again.
- Unplug your Palette/Palette+
- Remove the lid from your Palette/Palette+
- Look for the Scroll Wheel tether, as shown below:
- Remove and re-attach the tether to the electronics board.
- On Palette's menu, go to System Info and look at the Encoder value.
- You should see it read 0 when your scroll wheel is at rest. Manually rotate the Scroll Wheel shaft, which should increase and decrease the value on your Palette's screen.
- If the number does not change, please contact us at email@example.com.
Once completed, re-attempt calibration. If you are still running into issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.