This guide describes how to set a specific material for supports, skirts, and/or rafts in Simplify3D.
- With Simplify3D open, select your Process and go to the Extruder tab.
- Add an Extruder (Support Extruder) and make sure that it has the same settings as your Primary Extruder (nozzle diameter, retraction settings, etc.).
- The only change to make is the Extruder Toolhead Index. The Tool number corresponds to the Drive number of your Palette+ (Tool 0 is Drive 1, Tool 1 is Drive 2, etc.). Select the Tool/Drive which your support material will be inserted. In this example, our support material will be fed into Drive 1 of Palette+.
- Next, click on the Support tab.
- Make sure that "Generate Spport Material" is checked off, and that you assign the Support Extruder as your Support Extruder.
And that's it! You should be all set up to assign a specific material for your support and skirts! If you have any questions, send us a message at email@example.com.