These instructions to replace Palette™/Palette+™’s outgoing Teflon tube.
- Make sure Palette/Palette+ is not plugged into a computer or its power supply.
- Remove Palette/Palette+’s top. Use the 2.0 mm hex key (the smaller of the two hex keys in your Tool Kit) to remove the four bolts holding on Palette/Palette+’s top and remove.
- Use pliers, tweezers, or your fingers to remove the wires shown below. Remove the wire.
- Use the same 2.0 mm hex key to unscrew and remove the two bolts below. Use pliers or tweezers to remove the bolts if needed.
- This will allow you to remove the acrylic piece.
- To remove the outgoing Teflon tube, you will need to gently remove the acrylic clip holding it into Palette/Palette+. Use your fingers, or tweezers/pliers if needed. Do not lose this piece!
Note: this area may be gray or black aluminum.
- Remove the clip.
- This will expose the two metal “E-clips” that hold the outgoing Teflon tube in place.
- Remove the tube.
- Great! Now it’s time to install your new tube. Your tube should have two metal e-clips. These must be on top of your tube when you position the tube in your Palette.
- Feed the outgoing Teflon tube into position. The metal clips should be visible on top. This is important for the next step.
- Replace the acrylic piece on the drive.
- Replace the bolts. Use the 2.0 mm hex key to tighten both bolts. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BOLTS! They should be snug, but overtightening them will crack the acrylic.
- Carefully plug the wire back into the hall sensor. The black wire should be on top and the green wire should be on the bottom.
- That’s it! Now, replace the four bolts securing Palette/Palette+'s top.
If you run into any issues with this process, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.